Hypnotherapy for Stress in Drogheda
Michael Govers dhp phh qbe
Consultant in Analytical & Clinical Hypnotherapy
Michael has been a practicing Hypnotherapist since 1996 when he was awarded his diploma in evidence-based hypnotherapy from the International Association of Hypno-Analysts (IAH).
Hypnotherapy for Stress in Drogheda. We all experience stress at one time or another. Sometimes stress is the result of major changes in our lives. Such as redundancy, debts, wayward offspring, marriage or even moving home.
At other times stress can be more chronic in nature, meaning that the effects can be long-lasting, having been initiated years ago. How many times have you had an unpleasant incident? The initial incident happens once, but every time you think about it, it happens all over again, and if you tell someone about it, it’s happening all over again!
So by the end of the week, you may have experienced or relived the same incident hundreds of times! Is it any wonder you stressed over it? And yet it happened only once!
(An estimated 75 percent to 90 percent of all doctor visits are for stress-related issues. )
Drogheda Hypnotherapy for Stress Free-Living
Uncontrolled, it can lead to raised blood pressure, chest pains, headaches, insomnia and irritable bowel syndrome and many other symptoms. Stress also becomes harmful when people use alcohol, smoking and or drugs to try and relieve their feelings.
- From the first puff of smoke, your blood pressure goes up by 20% and you have released adrenaline. (Smoking does not relax you!)
- Alcohol is a depressive substance, so if you are feeling down, this is not going to help anyone.
- Drugs recreational or prescribed only treat the symptom and not the cause, and their effect is temporary.
The six leading causes of death in the western world are either caused or exacerbated by stress.
- coronary artery disease
- respiratory disorders
- accidental injuries
- cirrhosis of the liver
- and suicide
Other conditions affected by stress
- multiple sclerosis
- mental health
- drug abuse
- family discord
What are the Emotional Signs and Symptoms of Stress?
- Racing Thoughts
- Difficulty relaxing
- Low self-esteem
- Self-imposed Isolation
What are the Physical Signs and Symptoms of Stress?
- Low energy
- Tense muscles
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Loss of Libido (sex drive or interest)
- Chest Pains
- Frequent colds and flus
- Cold and or sweaty hands and feet
- Dry Mouth and difficulty swallowing
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
What are the Cognitive Signs and Symptoms of Stress?
- Constant worry
- Racing thoughts
- Lack of focus
- Poor judgment
- Worry over events that never happen
- Pessimistic view of life
What are the Behavioural Signs and Symptoms of Stress?
- Eating too much or not enough
- Increased use of drugs (prescribed or reactional) alcohol, or cigarettes
- Exhibiting more nervous behaviours, such as nail-biting, fidgeting, and pacing
- Anxiety Attacks Gone with Hypnos