Panic Attacks Drogheda
Panic Attacks Drogheda Hypnosis
The onset of panic attacks is usually very sudden, and typically, a panic attack will last usually between 10 and 20 minutes. This attack is usually defined as a period of intense fear, accompanied by a series of psychological or bodily symptoms, which may include – shaking – difficulty in breathing, or shortness of breath.
Every symptom you experience during an attack is very natural and a harmless part of your body’s fight-or-flight reaction, but you the sufferer may feel as if you are going to actually die. Once this has happened, the situation you’re currently in may act as a trigger for future attacks. Many people have completely recovered from panic attacks with the help of hypnotherapy, and you can too.
Symptoms of a panic attack will vary from person to person.
- Difficulty in breathing, or shortness of breath (Dyspnoea)
- Abnormally rapid heartbeat (Tachycardia)
- Excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Chest tightness or pain
- Abnormal sensations of the skin (Paraesthesia)
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering
- Feelings of choking
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal distress
- Feeling dizzy, unsteady, light-headed, or faint
- Chills or heat sensations
- Paresthesia (numbness or tingling sensations)
- Derealization (being detached from oneself)
- Fear of losing control or “going crazy”
- Fear of dying
- Raised blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Tension and apprehension
- The feeling that ‘something terrible’ is going to happen
- A specific fear of death
Panic Attacks Helped with Hypnosis Drogheda
Although anxiety is often accompanied by physical symptoms, such as a racing heart or knots in your stomach, what differentiates a panic attack from an anxiety attack is the intensity and duration of the symptoms. Panic attacks typically reach their peak level of intensity in under 20 minutes or less and then begin to subside.